1 The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
3 He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
- What do you learn about: God? Jesus? People?
- How does this touch your life?
- What is your take-away? How do you hope it will influence you and your life with others?
- Reflect: What does it mean that God is your Good Shepherd?
- Reflect: What would it mean for you to “dwell in the land” and to “cultivate faithfulness” there? Where do you need to cultivate faithfulness?
Trust in the Lord and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.