“The student is able to persuade others with respect to biblical and theological truth through oral, written, and electronic media.”
- I want to take advantage of opportunities in teaching the Word and in equipping of leaders, whether that be in-person, virtually, or through video and writing,
- I want to grow in my effectiveness as a leader through the use of a variety of platforms.
- I will develop a synthetic overview chart on the book of Luke and teach from Luke in a couple of settings.
- I will make opportunities to grow in my effectiveness in leading on the Zoom platform.
- I will develop in the use of video to highlight Spiritual Multiplication and will make them accessible to Cru staff.
- I will write a series of blog posts.
- Team Leader Zoom Calls
- Cru Cohort Gatherings
- People: Various Cru Staff and Interns
- My website and blog: erinwhite.com
- I will have completed a synthetic chart on the book of Luke by April 2021.
- I will have had a variety of teaching experiences from the book of Luke by April 2021.
- I will have hosted monthly Zoom Calls for Team Leaders, spoke several times to my Cru Cohort and led a seminar at a national Cru conference.
- I will make four videos on Spiritual Multiplication and post on Youtube during Fall 2020.
- I will have written monthly on my blog this year.
THE GOSPEL OF LUKE
LUKE SYNTHETIC CHART
For more writings go HERE
VIDEOS FOR SPIRITUAL MULTIPLICATION
OVERALL REFLECTION STATEMENT
For my Communication’s goal I am submitting artifacts from my study in the Gospel of Luke, which includes artifacts from a virtual teaching time, a synthetic chart of the book, and a few papers I wrote. As I spent the year in studying Luke I felt more competent in communicating from Luke. I really enjoyed having this focus. I also had other opportunities to teach virtually. Each one presented new challenges as I learned to navigate virtual platforms.
The second group of artifacts I am submitting include some of the blog posts I wrote over the year. These challenged me to give attention to topics related to leadership and mission. I am continued to be reminded how much I enjoy communicating through writing. I also enjoyed asking other leaders to be a guest writer on my blog. This was another chance to include others.
The last group of artifacts I am submitting flow out of a desire to try short videos as a platform for communicating. These were an attempt at something new and involve others beside myself as well. I desire to use my leadership role to platform others and these communication artfiacts includes some of that.
As I developed in communication, I learned that I have to adapt to the times. Teaching in-person became limited due to the pandemic, so I needed to take advantage of other opportunities. It also gave me a chance to use different type of communication platforms. I saw how much I like writing and being creative in how I present. I also found that communicating on Zoom makes me second guess myself, since it is a challenge to receive good feedback. I definitely felt stretched and need to trust God with these virtual platforms.
Lifelong Development Statement
As a restful of these communication platforms I would like to continue to go deeper in Luke and teach from it. I do think I am better equipped in using Zoom, and will continue to take advantage of opportunities to use it. But most of all I was reminded that I would like to dedicate more time to communicate through writing.
You must be logged in to post a comment.